... and visca versa

The gradual exchange of knowledge, thought and ideas from one source to many...

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 23, 2010

PHOTO-WISDOM_ part 3





• part 1_ PHILLIP TOLEDANO
• part 2_  STEPHEN SHORE
• part 3_  JAMES MOLLISON




 
PHOTO-WISDOM_ part 3


" I developed intuitively. Through accidents luck and love of photography I have come to this point "
 
 "My works start from an observation and then I try to allude to that story in photographs. Nearly always the story is based around  a series of images, which I try to make work as a whole; individual photographs, though they are important don't matter much
Where do I start? I usually read, see or hear something that relates to my experience and theen wonder if there is a way to allude to that in pictures."


James and Other Apes


James and Other Apes  
James was watching a nature programme on primates and was struck by how their facial  were similiar to ours. He photographed them using the aesthetics of a passport photograph [usually refers to ones identity].


Desciples 


Madonna Fans
For 3 years James photographed fans outside different concerts. He was fascinated by the different tribes of people that attended them, and how people emulated celebrity to form their identity. He also began to see how the concerts became events for people to relive their youth or be part of a scene that happened before they were born. 

a video projection buka lapha

No comments:

Post a Comment