... and visca versa

The gradual exchange of knowledge, thought and ideas from one source to many...

Search This Blog

Sunday, June 5, 2011

When student whereabouts go viral...


NDUDUZO XULU goes viral... 
and his Political alliences remain secret

'Caught' by Taetim on TV_ 2nd year student Nduduzo
... the rapid spread of information made possible with 'viral' devices like BlackBerry 
WIKIPEDIA says: A viral phenomenon is an object or pattern that is able to 
induce some agents to replicate it, resulting in many copies being produced and spread around. 

I love the way I came about to getting and seeing this image. Taetim de Villers (part-time lecturer) showed me this image the other day on her BlackBerry [BB]. She said that she was watching TV (another viral marketing tool) and saw a student she recoginized... she took a photo with her BB camera... passed it on to me through BBM [BlackBerry messenger]... I subsequently emailed this image from my BB... from my one email account, osmosisliza (yes I could have bluetoothed it too) ... downloaded it... and am now able to post it on osmosisBLOG... which is linked to Buzz ...so  anyone can then email or send it to other social networking sites like FaceBook, Twitter etc from these 'spaces'... this is an example of  viral networking or marketing and I am out of breath.
• 
but...for me
this is osmosis
 "The scientific notion of osmosis became a personal metaphor for learning with movement. This movement is coerced by communication whose spirit/flow is embedded in gestures of reciprocity, exchange and sharing. This communication initially resided between lecture [single] and students [many]. However, it became evident to me, that there was more of a necessity to create osmosis amongst learners and their peers and eventually amongst the learner and the world. I have also come to recognized that the insertion of hyperlinks, share and customization add ons  included in my web pages also supports my notion of osmosis."
 •

Nduduzo Xulu's BLURB: " The below is the experience you asked me to write for you, in my experience when I met Zanele kaMagwaza Msibi on the 16th of May. The experience of holding mom Zanele kaMagwaza Msibi's hands for five minutes felt like spending the whole day with her. Talking to Zanele was like a cherry on top of a Chocolate Brownie cake.  It all happened unexpectedly and very fast outside The Workshop Shopping Centre (Durban). People were singing very loudly for her with their orange T-shirts, surrounded her behind and in-front, left and right. The funny part to me though is that I did not push my way through the crowd, but took two steps towards the crowd and her. The lady just walked straight to me. She smiled behind her sunglasses and asked me "How are you?' "I'm fine, and yourself?" I answered and asked. "Please vote for me" lady Zanele said, handing me a flyer.  I do not even remember what my answer was, because I was overwhelmed by seeing and talking to her I couldn't believe my eye and ears.  If I think about the experience similar to that and counting the years from then it's been almost ten years. Meeting the former and current, premiers and presidents then was breathtaking.  So what or who did I vote for? You may be asking yourself: Well being in a older parties dominated environment that struggled years ago.
I voted for ........ Oh my Vote is my secret". 




Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment