... and visca versa

The gradual exchange of knowledge, thought and ideas from one source to many...

Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Hapqy Hapqy belated Birthday

1 years old
osmosisBLOG is 372 days old 

"The wall of a building in the sun is never twice the same"
(Szarkowski 2007: photographer, curator, historian and critic)


Over the past week I have been working on the beginnings of my writings for my Masters. Some of you might already know this (but then again some of you may not)... that this blog forms part of the practical component of my Master Study_ and in many ways functions as both a journal and an electronic newspaper. I have recently been going back to some of my writings dated as far back as 2009_ and was equally surprised and pleased to find that part of my original thinking, although not well articulated or theoretically supported (due to my lack of research, honing in or finding some relevance in the topic) nonetheless, expressed fundamental aspects as to  why I started this blog and its purpose... I wanted to find a place on the internet to inspire, reveal, inform, express and create dialogue... a means to communicate... between myself, the students and the world (this all sounded incredibly zealous).

so this is where osmosis comes in...
(click on the hyperlink above... but scroll down to read what osmosis means to me)
going back to Szarkowski...

John Szarkowski • 1962
IMAGE: http://www.artnet.com/magazine/news/ntm5/ntm9-1-43.asp

He is known to say this about a Photograph:
" It is a mirror, reflecting a portrait of the artist who made it, or a window, through which one might better know the world?"

perhaps I could say the same of osmosisBLOG...


some STATISTICS 
(say statistics 5x) 

ALL TIME STATS




These 'stats' were taken off my Apple Mac as screenshots (shift apple 4) and show the years activities of osmosisBLOG.

Pageviews today: 1
Pageviews yesterday: 12
Pageviews last month: 215
Pageviews all time history: 3188

most popular pageview: 161--> quote for the month_pre Valentines_ 02/02/2011



TRAFFIC 
countries, audience, browsers, devices, operating systems
South Africa 2414... the rest of the world 774
REFERRING SITES:
Google
google.com: 231 •  google.co.za  221  •  Facebook: 40  •  osmosisPROJECTS: 16
  
 KEYWORDS:
osmosisliza, osmosisblog, that is inspiring and, broken heart quote

 

Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment