... and visca versa

The gradual exchange of knowledge, thought and ideas from one source to many...

Search This Blog

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

....hope this is me in 40 years time

1883-1976
...is my birthday inspiration
I recently celebrated my 40th birthday_ and most well wishes indicated that my life was just about to start... what a wonderful thought... making age not matter, makes me think of  other individuals who "improve with age". Imogen Cunningham [IC] is one such person.  I have always loved her photographs, but am also inspired by her spirit, as Cunningham continued to photograph and express her creative energies at the age of 90. I absolutely love the images of her below... I want to be like THAT!

Abefoto.com
 Little History:  IC was one of the first FEMALE professional photographers and was part of the "f/64" group_ [Ansel Adams & Edward Weston]. The members of this group were dedicated to the honest and sharply defined images and named the group after the lens opening, f/64, which provided the ultimate in resolution and depth of field.
In her final years Cunningham began a project to photograph people in their nineties. A book, entitled After Ninety was published after her death n 1977. The book was a collection of photographic portraits of active individuals who were also 90 years old.

* watch a YouTube video where Imogen talks about her photographs.

* google images to see her photographs

* explore Master of Photographers website

1981
Photographed by Judy Dater
 reckon.tumblr

IMOGEN SAYS:


" I don't think there's such a thing as teaching photography, other than influencing them a little. People have to be their own learners. They have to have a certain talent."

 When asked which was her favourite photograph... she replied
" the one I am going to take tomorrow"!


No comments:

Post a Comment