... and visca versa

The gradual exchange of knowledge, thought and ideas from one source to many...

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 13, 2011

ooooodles of Google...

Google + 
Google Plus is Google's new social network_ and is still in it's 'testing' stage.

Is this the way forward?

launched on the 14th July
A new online space to engage with each other and talk and share...
photos • video • links • location 

 
I  asked Siya Ndlovu [SN], who originally shared this post on Google + if I could post the conversation that took place about his work between Bwalya and myself, on osmosisBLOG.  The reason being I wanted to share the conversation and encourage my followers to do the same.  
  
and

I want to get familiar with Google + and would like for us to learn how it works together.

...So lets create circles and share
 
I think that it is a great forum to have discussions about ones works and to get feedback from each other or just from a selected few. We all see things differently and as I constantly chant this mantra "what you think, feel and see is important... it makes us understand more ".

 

Google + vs Facebook
 Watch the 2.33" video below to get an overview.  I get a feel that Google + is an improvement on Buzz and a replacement for Google Wave (which has been discontinued).


Google Plus has a lot of slick features, but the biggest reason to open a Google Plus account is that if you use a lot of Google products and these will all be integrated someday. 

 •
Chatting with Siya and Bwalya on Google +

 

IMAGE_1
Add a comment... Keep the conversation going about the image below_  tell SN what you think? Click on his name above and you will go to his Google + page.

  
NYANGU LUNGU's profile photoBWALYA:       Oct 6, 2011 10:08 PM: This is so cool! You capture the expression of this hard labor. The detail is crisp I wonder would it have worked in colour too? I love the layers of your back ground. This reminds me of the days when we used to play tires.

liza du plessis's profile photoosmosisliza: Oct 8, 2011 10:40 AM: The decisive moment? The expression is so telling, pushing and playing with the tire is hard work and I am nervous, looks like he is on top of a roof!
NYANGU LUNGU's profile photoBWALYA: @ Liza, it his that tension in his face. It does place you in that moment and you wait anxiously to see what happens when he has gotten over that hurdle.

siya ndlovu's profile photosiya ndlovu: Oct 10, 2011 12:40 PM: if you look on the far right corner, you can see that there is a road which in my view sort of tells you that we've come a long way with this township tradition of playing tires as our toys which now has been replaced with modern toys and games, so this young boy is the reflection of those left out and pushing at the edge hoping to connect with the modern world 

IMAGE_2







NYANGU LUNGU's profile photoBWALYA -Oct 6: I really like this, but the bush on the left is distracting me. It is bigger than the kids.

liza du plessis's profile photoosmosisliza - Oct 8: For me the size of the bush and the fact that it is used as a wash line is comical_ the kids are kind of watching it ( I suppose like one would a TV) as they eat and chat amongst themselves. Its size accentuates its 'oddity' and its ominousness. As a viewer the space one occupies is that between the bush and the kids, one is on the path. The path also divides the bush and the children (which I recognize and is called in English "Yesterday, today and tomorrow"_ in fact saying that I also believe it it is not indigenous to South Africa) . Oooh I feel a metaphor happening here. 

NYANGU LUNGU's profile photoBWALYA -Oct 8: It reminds me of mine workers taking a break for lunch before going back to 'work'. The bush creates that feeling for me because in such working places (like here at ML Sultan) having lunch outside in the sort of space we have, feels awkward.

siya ndlovu's profile photosiya ndlovu - Oct 10: thanks gyz for da comments, this is jst me tryin to move with my documentary which i call the "pray verses predator". my idea is to drop wat eva image i fill like dropping until the images themselves tel their own story of what/who is the predator and the pray. keep your comments coming so one can grow in documentary, for the love of art
DITTO SIYA





















No comments:

Post a Comment