... and visca versa

The gradual exchange of knowledge, thought and ideas from one source to many...

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 1, 2010


Congratulations Werner
...
for winning the best picture in the Readers Pix section of the Pix magazine_ June/July 2010 edition. Werner won a Tamrac bag.
The image was shot with a Nikon D40X at 20mm, f/8, 1/60, ISO 400 for his Applied2 portfolio brief titled "Body Art".


Werner had this to say. He sent this BLURB from his cell phone @ 1.56pm:


" When I get projects, I always try to be different. And instead of art on a body, I chose to make art with bodies. My initial inspiration came from a photographer called Philippe Halsman. He captured an image called Dali and the Skull, 1951, in which he formed a skull with 7 female models. After rethinking the idea and considering realistic outcomes, I followed the advice of my lovely mom who said just follow your heart. So I based my design and layout quite literally on a heart. After sketches, planning and a tight budget, this wonderful image was the final result."

No comments:

Post a Comment