... and visca versa

The gradual exchange of knowledge, thought and ideas from one source to many...

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 21, 2011

..the Power of Inspiration

Jerome Kemraj asks:


Inspiration is POWERFUL! Can you handle it?

On a lazy Saturday morning (yesterday), I had a long bbm chat with Jerome Kemraj [JK] from 2nd year. He asked me to check out his new blog entry. Here are parts of our chat (edited):

JK: Check out my blog...posted 2 pics from Fridays (yesterday) studio shoot...
Me: Morning_ I am awake? Ru? Pls send me blog link_ can't find it! Dying to looky see
JK: Hehehe
JK: I am awake...woke up just 2 mins ago
JK: Enjoy
JK: Comment
JK: Follow
JK: Share
Me: Yipx5
Me: "symbols:(see screen munch RIGHT) = inspired
JK: I'm really glad you're inspired by it!
JK: I didn't know my work would inspire my own lecturers :O

Me: Why not we PEOPLE 2 u know_ we are learners like u and need creative input from interactions...

 WELL Jerome YOU inspired me and yesterday afternoon I started my 3rd BLOG (which I have been wanting to for a long time), the trilogy to osmosis webloging: osmosisLIZA ---> making sense of the movement between...
(HIS story)
 Below is a wonderful personal account
of JK's photoshoot. 
--------> keep reading


aquatic apparition
So yesterday, I got in the studio and gave my friend Elche` a buzz. I was not really planning to do much, just a close up picture of her makeup for a beauty shot.  I got started by shooting some randoms, just to get her comfortable and to secretly setup my lighting ratios correctly. I don't want to look like a complete rookie in front of her. When I got the shots I wanted... it was time to say our goodbyes, but my creative juices started flowing again so I decided a second round of shooting was in order! I tried as many poses as possible with slight changes to my lighting. 380 pics and 4 hours later, and the shoot was over.  I rushed home and imported the pics onto my hard drive and probed the folder looking for something interesting to spend the next 4 hours working on. When I saw the base image that formed the 'Aquatic Apparition' I knew then and there that this was going to be it. I guess I was inspired by some of my wedding pictures that I shot some time back with brides immersed in water.
Being surrounded by an element that has no colour or taste, taking that and bringing life and mystery within it, gave me a strong platform to work on. I wanted to capture an 'AWAKENING' of beauty within a tasteless and colorless environment and take it further by introducing cold tones to contrast the mood a bit. I was really amazed with my outcome and I came to realize that sometimes 'Planning' a shoot isn't the best idea. By planning your shoot in detail, you immediately limit yourself to what you are going to do on the day of the shoot. Rather think of an idea > execute that idea > work from that idea and sprout new creativity that is totally unrelated to your initial idea. Be inspired by your creativity. It's amazing.


JK's links:
My blog: image-core.blogspot.com
My Facebook Fan Page : http://www.facebook.com/pages/ImageCORE/119281938139497
My Twitter Page: http://twitter.com/JeRRy_TotZ




Enhanced by Zemanta

No comments:

Post a Comment